We focus on education and quality of care for our patients. We encourage our patients and their families to learn about their illness or injuries and communicate their questions to ConniCare. We work with those in our care to provide the most effective and efficient course of treatments and functional ability. The following links may be helpful to those patients who would like to research diagnoses, medical treatments or standards of care in case management.
- Case Management Society of America (CMSA): For general consumer information
- National Transitions of Care Coalition
- Consumers Advancing Patient Safety
- Family Caregiver Alliance www.caregiver.org
- National Family Caregivers Association www.TheFamilyCaregiver.org
- Senior Service Finder – CMSA http://www.snapforseniors.com/default.aspx?affiliateid=112640
- Kansas City Home Care, Inc. http://www.kchomecare.com
- Caring Bridge http://www.caringbridge.org/
Health & Medical Information:
These sites will help you find medical terms and conditions:
- Mayo Clinic Online
A team of Web-publishing professionals and medical experts work side by side to produce this site. Through this unique collaboration, we give you access to the experience and knowledge of the more than 2,000 physicians and scientists of Mayo Clinic.
- Medical Dictionary
A free online dictionary of medical related terminology as well as an online discount pharmacy store.
An online medical dictionary containing easy-to-understand explanations of over 15,000 medical terms. This online medical dictionary provides quick access to hard-to-spell medical definitions through an extensive alphabetical listing.
- Stedman’s Medical Dictionaries
Stedman’s Medical Dictionaries, Word Books, Spellcheckers, and Other Resources
- Tabers Online
Full-text searching and hyperlinks to cross-references, illustrations, audio pronunciations, and tables.
- United States National Library of Medicine
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) published its first Web site (www.nlm.nih.gov) in October of 1993 and was one of the first U.S. federal Web sites. In 1999 the site’s use was 6 million page hits and 380,000 unique visitors and has grown in 2003 to over 37 million page hits and 4 million unique visitors. The Web has become such an integral part of NLM’s services that of the over 100,000 customer services requests made to NLM in 2003, over 50,000 of those arrived via email or a web-based form.
- Diagnostic Tests
The Harvard medical school family health guide. After choosing a type of test, information will come up in easy to access sections.